Sheepdog Blog




Introducing Lily


Lily (and a short lived rescue named Zip) are responsible for me entering into the realm of sheepdogging.  Lily is from an open field background from Northern California bred by a nice guy named David Lee Johnson.  She is now almost 10yrs old and works occasionally.  Lily is my cow dog.  Weighing in at 28 pounds dripping wet.  She was "eager" and driven from 6 weeks of age.  I was intrigued to see what this little dog was all about.  As a team, we invented our own language to get ranch work done.  

Introducing Val


Long story short, after taking Lily to a Novice-Novice clinic with Patrick and Dianne, I found 5.5 mos old Val at Don Helsley's.  Lily brought me, but Dianne decided that if I was investing in sheep, I should start dancing with Val.  Val is a Dusty(Ken Johnson) X Cap (Don Helsley).

Introducing Ben


Putting in an enormous amount of time and effort into learning the art of sheepdogging, I ran across Redtop Ruben.  I got him from Dianne Deal.  He is of  Peg X Riggs breeding, and when I laid eyes on him it was love at first sight.

Introducing Tic


Ok, so I do need to join BC anonymous!!!  While training my novice/novice dogs on my open field with my open sheep.  My training buddy Ann and I had to recruit help.  Morgen Magnuson brought out  Mister Tic to help us keep the sheep on the ranch.  Tic is a very powerful stylish dog.  Six months later he joined my team.  Tic is Canadian, from Norm and Bev Sommers.  He is an open dog and he knows whistles.  He will help me learn.  I like him a lot!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2017 at a glance

Hindsight is 2020

Live and learn