Lily

Aka - "Wheezie-eye-poker"

or "the Wheeze"




     



     This is everyone's infamous first dog.  She's really not my first dog, but rather my first herding dog. Lily was and is spoiled beyond reason.  She is definitely one of the most amazing dogs I have ever met.  She can do a plethora of useless tricks and truly thinks she is a real human.  She is loyal beyond sanity.  Lily had this incredible drive and exuberance in all that she did as a young dog.  This little package held some sort of magic,  I had to try to unwind her and see what exactly she was about.  Herding: Ducks. Cows. Sheep. Cats.  Airborne: Friz. Ball. Stick.  Fetching:  Everything!!!  By specific name!  Squeaky ball.  Tennis Ball.  Friz.  Baby.  Hide and Seek.  Hand signals.  "The SNEAK game."   


     So one day a friend invited me to an open field trial in Northern California that her family hosts every year, to watch and help with concessions.  "You should bring your little Lily too".  I watched all weekend in total amazement, at what I deemed as the Olympics of the dog world.  No possible way was that even possible!  I was a 5th generation Nevada cattle rancher.  I had been around  both ranch stockdogs and hunting dogs my entire life.....but I never thought anything like herding sheep in  Zamora's big open fields was possible.  Lily was deemed to be an "eager" little dog.









     Lily intrigued me into researching and watching USBCHA events.  We watched and listened, for 'awhile'.  I accidentally took a lesson with her from an open trainer.  We were officially invited to join a Novice-Novice clinic that spring.  Thank you Lily!!!!  This is where the journey began.






     Lily has a big job.  She goes to work with me everyday.  Lily entertains and performs for everyone in the front office.  She has her own special comfy bed.  Grama Diana spoils her with special treats all day long, on demand.  When asked she is more than willing to work stock (cows, sheep, geese, or chickens) on the ranch.  Mostly she is my buddy, spending most of her time reading my mind.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 at a glance

Hindsight is 2020

Live and learn