Tic

Aka - in progress - Saint Ticholas, Tic dou lou reux, or

 Tici tici tembo no chari rembo sory chari rouchi tic tari tembo (smile)


        Tic is an open dog from Canadian lines.  I got him from Morgen Magnussun.  Morgen and Tic came out to the ranch and trained with us through the summer when they could.  He is a powerful dog full of try and style.  I may be a little over my head with him at this point in my learning curve, but I do really like his enthusiasm.  He already knows his whistles, and is trying to understand my version of squeaky squirrel-latin.      







     Tic is VERY intense.  He has definitely made me step up my game.  I like it in a way, but some days it is a little nerve wracking.   We have only been working together about 5 mos.  In that time, we really have come a long way.






     Driving is his game.  Eye is not a problem, unless there is such thing as too much.  We are working on freeing him up a little.  He needs to bend more.  Practicing squaring up inside flanks.






 



     We are also working on a "one and done" LIE-DOWN whistle.  My goal is to not have to blow the lie-down whistle 3 times to get him to actually do it.  He has a good out run, and I am happy to say 70-80% of the time a nice lie-down at the top.


     I am still pretty low on the learning curve, but working and trying pretty hard.  Tic is my barometer. I need to hit my marks with this boy!  I am really feeling like we are starting to become more of a team. And when/if we do team-up, I think it will be fun!!!  I thought he was a sports car, but now I think he might be more of a diesel big rig kinda boy.

     Away from stock, he is a gentle old soul.  He is kind and very non-obtrusive. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 at a glance

Hindsight is 2020

Live and learn