Daylight Savings Time

Gratefulness

     Just had a wonderful weekend at home.  Spent the time with my Mom, Sandra, and the pack working here at the home place.  The weather was perfect.  Mom was in a really good place.  And I think we all have made it through winter, or whatever Nevada's version of winter was this year. 

     Sometimes I find that I get so busy with work and life that I don't take time to breath.  I can barely move today from the raking, digging, chainsawing, trimming, and planting we did in the last two days.  That is my version of breathing.

   Here comes the sun!


     



     We worked the dogs too!!!  Nothing out of the ordinary.  Just good work here on the ranch getting a little tuned for the trial season ahead.  



     Ben at Sonoma last year.  Ben is now my right hand man utility dog.  He helps out where I need him and goes to work with me during the week.  He doesn't have to have the pressure he so much hates.  He just gets to be Ben.  




    Feist and I worked on teaming up and communication.  I worked on better judgement at a distance and consistency in my communication.  I learned that there is a dead spot on my practice field where at a distance dogs CAN NOT hear you.  When you can not communicate, you have to trust.  






     I am grateful for spring and daylight at the end of my work days so I can see my sheep and work my dogs.  I am grateful for the blessings I have in the way of family and amazing friends.  I am grateful for doing what I love and making a living at it. 

   WELCOME MORE SUN
WELCOME 
SPRING!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 at a glance

Hindsight is 2020

Live and learn