A Parallel Universe

March



     Sometimes it feels like de' javu.  Simply that I have walked this pathway before.  I haven't, but sometimes there is that reoccurring theme.

     March Madness is the peak of the years long toil of love, sweat, and tears in basketball that leads you to playoff season.  It is about peaking at the right time.  It is about tedious preparation.  It is about putting in the physical and mental training.  It is about making the mistakes, and rectifying the technique.  March Madness and basketball bracketology is about the big dance, and it truly is anyones game.  It is about making good quick decisions. It is about expecting the unexpected.  I love that about basketball.  Most people see a silly game of tossing a ball through a hoop.  I see a ballet and an orchestra. 

    Our March Madness this year consisted of "cutting our teeth" in open at Sonoma, Zamora, and Rio Vista.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss.  Some of the greatest things that I have done in my life, I would have never ever attempted....if I would have only known.  

    I am very pleased with all of the outcomes.  We did get quite a few letters, and only a few numbers.  But the parts are all there.  Feist and I as a team, just need to put it all together in the same run.  And then we need to do it consistently.




Sonoma Hill Field 
Fetch panels







                                                                  Feist on the lift- Sonoma





                                          Zamora 


                                                                         Zamora




Rio Vista - Mc Cormack Ranch



      What a way to come into open.  Wow!!!  All those athletic memes....Just do it, No guts no glory, Talk the talk-walk the walk....   (Go Big or Go Home).  I am still reeling from the experience.  Truly March Madness.  I have learned so much.  I have so much more to learn.  








      Still we have so far to go.  Still we are paying dues.  Still we are learning our method and communication.  But as a team it is a 50:50 deal, and we both know it.  It is so fun.  So pure.  So easy.  Our goals are still easy with no pressure or expectations.  We are creating our own form of art.  Our own style.  We will not mimic any other team, for that will set us up for failure.  

     I will take the lessons from my previous basketball career and not make the same mistakes this time around.  Remembering to play within your game.  Do what you can do best.  Do not try to be Michael Jordan.  When you make one mistake, don't make the freshman mistake and immediately follow with  a second.  Have vision, but do not get caught up in it.  Think on your feet and always have a back-up plan.  Think with stealth not emotion.  Try not to make the same mistake twice. Always set your teammate(s) up for success.  Practice harder than you compete.  Never lose the love of the game.  Never get caught up in ego.   We still haven't driven the fetch panels......  I am sure we will.

     Watch the sheep, and trust your dog!
~mantra~


PS- I took none of these pictures.


    









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 at a glance

Hindsight is 2020

Live and learn